Welcome To The UADC Website
Thanks for visiting the UADC website! If you are new to the UADC, or are interested in what we offer, check out the links above.
UADC mailing list
To comply with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation that comes into effect July 1st, 2014, everyone on the UADC mailing list will be removed on June 30th, 2014.
To continue to receive e-mail notices from the UADC, you will need to provide express consent by re-adding yourself to the mailing list on or after July 1st, 2014.
To do so, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail account you wish to have added to the list. You will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail message which you will need to reply to. You will then be notified you were added onto the list.
You will be able to remove yourself from the list at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com from the e-mail account you wish to have removed from the list, or by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every UADC e-mail.
UADC Summer classes
Have you missed our "regular" dance syllabus so far this summer? Or do you maybe want to add some extra flair to your dancing? If so, then this summer we have dances just for you!
Social Variations (Taught by Dominic Lacroix)
This summer, we look forward to returning to our Social Variations classes, taught by Dominic Lacroix. The Social Variations classes assume that you know the basic steps to each of the dances, and that now it's time to stylize them with some dazzling pizazz. Each class builds on what was learned in the last class.
- Intermediate Class: Mondays at 6:45p - 8:15p
- Pre-Gold Class: Mondays at 8:30p - 10:00p
- June 30th - St. John's Cultural Centre (10611 110 Ave NW) - Waltz
- July 7th - St. John's Cultural Centre - Cha Cha
- July 21st - St. John's Cultural Centre - Tango
- August 4th - St. John's Cultural Centre - Rumba
- August 18th - St. John's Cultural Centre - Foxtrot
- August 25th - St. John's Cultural Centre - Jive
- 6-Class Pass: $45.00
- Drop-in: $10.00 UADC Members / $15.00 Non-Members
This year's Routine classes, taught by Delphine Romaire, also assume that you know the basic steps to each dance. These classes build impressive routines that are sure to amaze and wow on the dancefloor. We will start with three weeks of heart-pounding Quickstep and then move onto three weeks of sizzling Samba.
- Sundays at 4:00p - 5:30p
- June 29th - Central Lions' Senior Centre (11113 113 St NW)
- July 6th - St. John's Cultural Centre (10611 110 Ave NW)
- July 20th - St. John's Cultural Centre
- August 3rd - St. John's Cultural Centre
- August 17th - St. John's Cultural Centre
- August 24th - St. John's Cultural Centre
- 6 Class-Pass: $45.00
- Drop-in pricing is not offered, but you are allowed to take this class even if you missed the first class
UADC TA Tryouts
Do you love dancing? Do you want to share your love of dancing with others? Do you admire your teaching assistants and instructors? Have you ever wanted to join their ranks? Well then this summer's your chance! TA tryouts will be beginning very soon, and the sign-up form is below. All you have to do is ask the Executive at your class for a form, and maybe chat up some of your TAs or instructors for an idea of what it's like!
Still reading? Our TAs meet Sundays to prepare for classes, and "work" one evening a week at their class. In exchange, they get three hours of professional instruction each week from Delphine Romaire... plus get into all of our Newcomer 1, Newcomer 2, and Pre-Bronze classes that they want, as a bonus!
Unsure or never done this before? Not a problem! Some of our TAs started after taking Newcomer classes. You provide the good attitude, willingness to learn and help, and ability to learn quickly, and we'll provide the training you need to shine!
TA tryouts will be on the following afternoons 2-4pm:
- June 29 - Central Lions (Please arrive 15 min early)
- July 6 - St. John's Cultural Centre
- July 20 - St. John's Cultural Centre
- August 10 - St. John's Cultural Centre
- August 17 - St. John's Cultural Centre
- August 25 - St. John's Cultural Centre
For more details or to email us your, please email Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
volunteer with the UADC
Anyone out there ready to donate some time to your favorite club in the world? If so you should contact our volunteer director straight away at email@example.com. Volunteering with us is as easy as DJ-ing, helping at the door, helping to plan events or joining up with the Executive members.
The best part about volunteering with the club is that you do it out of the kindness of your hearts, but if you want benefits then check this out. You can earn yourself free classes, free memberships, free socials, or even a ticket to this year's Winter Waltz.
We still have a few jackets available for $70 a piece. If you are interested in purchasing a jacket please contact us.
We still have Ladies sizes: XS, S, M, L
We still have Mens sizes: S, M, L,
Product availability subject to change without notice. First come first serve basis.