SGM Election Results
Our May 25 Special General Meeting resulted in the election of 2 new executives for the 2013-2014 year. Please join me in welcoming:
- Angelina Dyck - Treasurer
- Katherine Tran - Social Director
Thanks to everyone who showed up to support the club, to everyone who showed up to dance, and to Angelina and Katherine for volunteering as executives!
devonian Date nights are back
The UADC and Devonian Botanic Garden present "Date Nights," romantic outdoor ballroom dance classes at Devonian Botanic Garden.
Dinner is offered at Devonian's Cafe, but please phone ahead to make a reservation.
Popcorn and water will be sold at the Pine Pavillion by the garden.
June 20th will feature a Rumba lesson, July 25th Waltz, and August 22 Tango.
- 6:00p - Dinner
- 7:30p - 8:30p - Beginner dance lesson
- 8:30p - 9:30p - Dancing
Dates: Thursdays June 20, July 25, and August 22
Time: 6:00p – 9:30p
Location: Devonian Gardens (Located in Parkland County, 5 kms north of Devon on Hwy 60, 15 minutes from West Edmonton.)
Cost: U of A Students With ID $7:00 / Adults $13.00 / Seniors $9.75
Registration for Spring Classes (UADC members only) will start Monday May 6th.
Class costs are:
- $40.00 for 6 weeks
- Undergrad students get a $10.00 discount ($30.00 total for 6 weeks)
- Drop-in rate is $10.00 per week. (No student discount)
Please bring your membership card.
Classes are as follows:
- May 6: Salsa, taught by Gino from Bella and Bello (Old Timer's Cabin)
- May 13: Salsa, taught by Gino from Bella and Bello (St. John's Cultural Centre)
- June 3 & 10: Hustle, taught by Rob & Sherry Tovell (St. John's Cultural Centre)
- June 17 & 24: Argentine Tango, taught by Vince & Cindy Davis (St. John's Cultural Centre)
Beginner classes start at 6:45p. Intermediate classes start at 8:30p.
If you need a membership we recommend waiting till May:
- U of A Undergrads: $0.00
- U of A Grads: $10.00
- U of A Alumni and Non-Students: $15.00
If you can't wait till May membership prices will be:
- U of A Undergrads: $0.00
- U of A Grads: $15.00
- U of A Alumni and Non-Student: $45.00
To speed up the registration process, we encourage you to print the spring registration form, complete it, and bring it to the first class.
Teaching Assistant Tryouts
Do you admire your teaching assistants and instructors? Have you ever wanted to join their ranks? Well, this summer's your chance! TA tryouts will begin in July (more details to come), and sign-up forms should be going around starting in a week or two. All you have to do is ask the executive at your class for a form, and maybe chat up some of your TAs or instructors for an idea of what it's like!
Still reading? Our TAs work one evening a week at their class, plus the occasional Sunday. In exchange, they get three hours of professional instruction each week to prepare them for their classes... plus get into all of our Newcomer 1, Newcomer 2, and Pre-Bronze classes that they want, as a bonus!
Unsure or never done this before? Not a problem! Some of our TAs started after taking Newcomer classes. You provide the good attitude, willingness to learn and help, and ability to learn quickly, and we'll provide the training you need to shine!
TA tryouts will be 6 weeks in July/August on either Sundays or Mondays.
If you are interested bring a registration form completely filled out to the May 6th registration desk. Incomplete forms may not be accepted.
For more details, please inquire in class, or email Chris, our VP Internal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UADC Election results
The UADC AGM Executive Elections saw a total of 4 out of 9 positions filled.
Your 2013-2014 executive are:
- President: Samantha Spurrier
- VP Internal: Chris Loo
- Secretary: Andrew Bates
- Volunteer Director: Shawn Fuhrer
The elected Judicial Board members are:
- Ryan Hung (Chair)
- Alex Rossol
- Markian Hlynka
UADC Insider's View
Have you ever wanted to know more about the latest issues the club is facing? More about how the club is run, or why we make some of the decisions we do? Check out the club's new blog, Two to Tango, for all this and more. Updated approximately every weekend.
Volunteer WIth Us!
The UADC is a volunteer-run club and we couldn't do it without your support. Positions include:
- DJ: Like the club's music? Listen to it all night as you choose songs for a class or a social!
- Door Volunteer: Like to meet people? Help out at the door of an event to meet and greet all the participants!As of Monday October 8th, the UADC memebrship fee for U of A undergraduate students will be waived.
But that's not all - for your hard work, you get club benefits! These may include free classes, event entry, membership, and much more!
To join our volunteer corps, contact our Volunteer Director Wendy at email@example.com.
Last updated: 13 days ago
Want to know the latest about the UADC when it happens? Join the UADC Mailing List! Visit the UADC Mailing List Sign-Up Page to join.
If you wish to be removed from the UADC Mailing List, please follow the instructions found at the bottom of any UADC e-mail.
To view our old mailinglist announcements, visit the Ballroom Archives.
Here are some quick UADC reminders:
- Security: Please do not leave valuables unattended in areas outside of the classroom.
- Class location changes: Remember to check your email for announcements, our website, or phone the club information line (780-492-2116) to ensure that there are no last minute class location changes. It is possible that we can get bumped from both and Dinwoodie Lounge and St. Basil’s.
- Nametag and Shoes: Remember to bring your nametag to class or you will be charged $2 for a temporary nametag for the evening (all money collected is donated to the Campus Food Bank). Remember to bring clean, dry shoes.
- Please, NO lifts, drops, or flips!